Spherical Bridge Bearing – Low Friction and Excellent Accommodation Feature
SBP-01: Spherical bearing pad with the PTFE sheet embedded into the plates to reduce the friction coefficient for displacement assurance.
Spherical bridge bearing, also called spherical bearing, spherical bearing pad, is designed to ensure vertical and horizontal forces transferring under control which is a connection devices between superstructures and substructures. It consists of steel plate enclosed with edge sliding guide and stainless steel panel for sliding controlling, under the stainless steel panel is a PTFE sheet, which is recessed into the steel to a depth and contains a special lubricant to ensure permanent lubrication of the sliding surfaces. Then there is a stainless steel panel with a convex bottom face to facilitate rotations. The bottom component is concave steel plate that covered with a recessed PTFE sheet to transfer whether horizontal or vertical forces safely.
The spherical bridge bearings are classified into three types according to different sliding direction.
- Fixed type. Provide rotations capacity from any direction only.
- Guided type (Uni-directional sliding). Rotation plus movement in one direction.
- Free sliding (multi-directional sliding). Rotation plus movement in all directions.
MaterialSteel and PTFE sliding plate.
Working temperature range
- Normal type: -25 °C to +60 °C.
- Cold resistant type: -40 °C to +60 °C.
(In condition of PTFE layer with silicon grease lubrication and stresses about 30 MPa)
- Normal temperature: 0.03.
- Low temperature: 0.05.
Bearing horizontal force
- Guided type: Horizontal force is 10% vertical bearing capacity.
- Fixed type: horizontal force is 10% vertical bearing capacity.
Vertical bearing capacity1000, 1500, 2000, 2500, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000, 8000, 9000, 10000, 12500, 15000, 17500, 2000 kN.
In longitudinal direction
- 1000–2500 kN, 50/100 mm.
- 3000–20000 kN, 50/100/150 mm.
- In transverse direction: ± 40 mm.
Production & Package
SBB-05: Concave steel plate prepare.
SBB-06: Bottom PTFE plate install.
SBB-07: Convex spherical plate install.
SBB-08: Flat PTFE plate install.
SBB-09: Top steel plate install.
- Available in any directions movements.
- For the PTFE sheet, there are minimum sliding friction coefficient.
- PTFE sheet with lubricant to reduce sliding friction.
- Accommodate high rotations and any directional movements.
- Suitable for low temperature regions.
- The effect on concrete reaction is homogeneous.
- Strong enough for long time service.
- Complying with BS EN-1337, KS4424, AASHO, ISO or other custom standards.
- Spherical bridge bearings are designed for bridges or structures where very high vertical, horizontal and lateral loads are needed.
- It is can also be used in places where large rotational structural displacement are needed to be accommodated.
- Spherical bridge bearing can be used in different complex bridges, such as curved bridges, skew bridges, right bridges.
SBB-11: Construction site of structure spherical bearing.
SBB-12: Construction site of bridge spherical bearing.
SBB-13: Spherical bearing for building structure stability.
SBB-14: Spherical bearing for bridge durability.