Rectangular Laminated Bearing Pad – Excellent Shear deformation & Elasticity
Rectangular laminated bearing pad, one of most popular type in laminated bearing pad, is made of chloroprene rubber (CR) or natural rubber (NR). The chloroprene rubber laminated bearing pad is suitable for environments where the temperature ranges from -25 °C to 60 °C. If the working temperature ranges from -40 °C to 60 °C, you can choose the natural rubber for raw material.
Structure of rectangular laminated bearing pad
Rectangular laminated bearing pad is made of rubber layer and inserted reinforced steel plates. The steel plates and rubber layers are glued and then vulcanized together to form a strong and high bearing load laminated bearing pad. Besides, we can also supply the rectangular elastomeric bearing pad, which has no reinforced steel plate. Compared with rectangular elastomeric bearing pad, the rectangular laminated bearing pad can supply higher loading capacity and extend the bridge lifespan.
RLBP-01: Rectangular elastomeric bearing pad without inserted plates.
RLBP-02: Rectangular laminated bearing pad with inserted plates.
RLBP-03: Rectangular bearing pad profile.
RLBP-04: Rectangular laminated bearing pad inner structure.
PTFE rectangular laminated bearing pad
Except for the standard square laminated bearing pad, we can also supply the PTFE rectangular laminated bearing pad for you to achieve smooth horizontal deflection. Add a PTFE board on laminated bearing pad to form the sliding laminated bearing pad (PTFE laminated bearing pad).
RLBP-05: Rectangular PTFE laminated bearing pad inner structure drawing
RLBP-06: PTFE board supplies smooth and sliding surface for horizontal deflection.
Installation of rectangular laminated bearing pad
- The short edge of rectangular laminated bearing pad should parallel to the bridge span.
- When the vertical slope is less than 1%, the rectangular laminated bearing pad can be placed on the pier directly.
- When the vertical slope is larger than 1%, it should be flattened through place buried steel plates or concrete cushion block. Then place the rectangular laminated bearing pad on there for smooth installation.
RLBP-07: Rectangular laminated bearing pad on pier.
RLBP-08: Rectangular laminated bearing pad on concrete block.
- Material: chloroprene rubber or natural rubber.
- Steel plate quantity: 2-5.
- Bearing pad width: 100–700 mm.
- Bearing pad length: 200–800 mm.
- Bearing pad thickness: 28–120 mm
- Steel plate thickness: 2–5 mm.
|Item||Length (mm)||Width (mm)||Thickness (mm)|
|Note: Customized Specs are available.|
- Excellent vertical stiffness to bear heavy vertical load.
- Transfer the pressure from upper bridge structure to bridge pier.
- Excellent elasticity to adapt to the beam end rotation.
- Large shear deformation to satisfy the horizontal displacement.
- Rectangular laminated bearing pad is suitable for the places where the slope inclination is larger than 10°.
- It can also be used in the straight bridge or right bridge.
RLBP-09: Rectangular laminated bearing pad in the overpass construction.
RLBP-10: Rectangular bearing pad in the right bridge construction.