Teflon Bearing Pads – Better for Large Span Bridge for Small Friction
TLBP-01: PTFE bearing pads feature small friction coefficient.
PTFE bearing pad, also called Teflon bearing pads, is an important material in bridge construction. The dimpled PTFE sheet bonded to the laminated bearing pad for structure friction coefficient reduction and displacement capacity improvement. It provides a sliding surface for expansion accommodation, the elasticity of the bearing pad is high enough to suit the rotation of beam end, and also the shear deformation is efficient to cope with the horizontal of the superstructure. Here are round and rectangular two main shapes of PTFE bearing pad introduced to you.
PTFE bearing pad can be divided into roundPTFE bearing pad and rectangular PTFE bearing pad according to different shapes. They can be used in different bridge types. The rectangular PTFE bearing pad is widely used in the straight bridge or right bridge. The round Teflon bearing pad is widely used in the skew bridge, curved bridge and other bridges.
TLBP-02: Round PTFE bearing pad.
TLBP-03: Rectangular PTFE bearing pad.
The Teflon bearing pad is composed of natural rubber or chloroprene rubber and Teflon plate.
The natural rubber or chloroprene rubber and reinforced steel plates are vulcanized to form the standard laminated bearing pad. Then bond the dimpled Teflon plate onto pad and form the PTFE bearing pad.
TLBP-04: Round PTFE bearing pad inner structure.
TLBP-05: Rectangular PTFE bearing pad inner structure.
TLBP-06: PTFE laminated bearing pad structure drawing.
- Rubber material: chloroprene rubber (CR) or natural rubber (NR).
- PTFE plate thickness: 2–3 mm.
- PTFE plate color: white or black.
- Bearing pad thickness: 23–197 mm.
- Round bearing pad diameter: 150–800 mm.
- Rectangular bearing pad length: 150–750 mm.
- Rectangular bearing pad width: 100–700 mm.
- Detailed specifications: Refer to the PDF: PTFE bearing pad.
- The Teflon laminated bearing pad should be horizontal installed. The PTFE board can not be placed on the bridge pier.
- The PTFE bearing pad is commonly used assorted with steel plate, including top plate, stainless steel plate and bottom plate.
- Silicone grease should be evenly distributed between Teflon plate and stainless steel plate.
- Ensure right installation direction according to the direction guide on the stop plate.
- Dust cover should be placed after installation.
TLBP-07: PTFE laminated bearing pad should be used with assorted steel plate.
TLBP-08: PTFE laminated bearing pad is installed on the bridge.
- Small friction coefficient.
- Larger shear capacity.
- Suitable for large span bridge construction.
- Excellent buffering and shock isolation.
- Withstand vertical load and rotation.
- It is suitable for large span, multi-span continuous beam and simply supported beam and other large displacement bridges.
- It can also be used as the sliding plate in continuous beam pushing construction and T beam transverse sliding.
TLBP-09: Round PTFE laminated bearing pads on skew bridge.
TLBP-10: Rectangular PTFE bearing pads on right bridge.